Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lillies of the knitting...I mean knitting in the valley...I mean...

This is me knitting on the bus. I don't normally take the bus home as my husband and I work at the same place and are done at the same time but he needed to leave early for the annual Renewing of the IEP for our son. So I found myself on the bus. Not an altogether unpleasant experience. At least until the guy-who-doesn't-wear-deodorant climbed on and chose to sit beside me. 40 minutes of uninterrupted knitting time is pretty decadent even with anti-deodorant-guy sitting beside me.
I'm still working on my blanket. I think of it as my oatmeal blanket-plain, simple, hearty. I've been craving this kind of continuity in my knitting lately. I'm a bit spastic in my knitting projects. I usually want instant gratification in the form of fairly quick things that look like something every few rows ie socks and mittens. Afghans and sweaters until recently were a pipe dream for me. Sit and knit the same thing for months on end?! You've got to be kidding me!
The pattern is just simply knitting and purling, alternately when I feel like it. I began with 6 rows of moss stitch and then each row has 6 stitches of moss stitch on either end. When I get a minute I'll update my Ravelry and post a link if you're interested.
The lillies of the valley are blooming in my garden right now. I've always wanted lillies of the valley in my garden and one year one lone plant appeared. Each year I get more and more. The smell is heavenly. Also in my jam jar vase are sprigs of lavendar, violet, primula (?) and a mystery purple flower that I don't know the name of. Yes I normally decorate my table with paintbrushes.
Here's hoping your day is full of little unexpected pleasures too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment