Monday, May 12, 2014

That Kirin.

Today I am home sick with one of those miserable spring colds. Every time I bend over my nose waters like a tap (why is that anyway-your nose points down all the time and doesn't feel the need to drip)
I have  that lovely cold-haze where I can't quite focus on anything.
So I have plunked myself down on the couch to re-start, for the 3rd time, my Kirin shawl (slowly becoming my nemesis but I refuse to be beat by it). I have cast on, recorded stitch quantities at the end of every other row and have knit my way to row 17.

Yay me! I still love it. It makes me all melty and happy everytime I get to row 17. Which should only have been once. Ahem.
In other knitting news I discovered that my little grey mitten is just fine and I can proceed with knitting the thumb stitches. Hint: pay attention to what size of mitten you're making and the corresponding size in the pattern that tells you you need to stop increasing gusset stitches at 46. Not 44. Very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment